Wednesday, November 19, 2014

I Get It, Not All Y'all Are Directioners

Hi y'all!

Before I talk about anything else, I want to take a few seconds to say: thank you. Last week's anxiety riddled post was a nerve-wracking experience, not only from a writing standpoint, but also from a public viewing standpoint. I was scared to share something so personal with so many of you. My experiences with panic attacks and anxiety aren't a secret by any means, but I don't talk about them all that openly. A select few people know and we chat occasionally about the subject. But after last week's post, I had so many reach out to me in support of my piece and of me as a person. For anyone who messaged me or talked to me in person about the post: you're all incredible human beings. Thank you for brightening my weekend and for reminding me how very loved I am, something I seem to forget from time to time. I appreciate each and every one of you more than words can explain.

I promise y'all this week will be more upbeat! Yesterday was fantastic, starting at 7 am with a boloco marketing event (I handed out free breakfast burritos and it was bomb, I love making people's mornings in a cute way) and ended with me sitting in my newly cleaned room (I FINALLY DID IT YAY PROGRESS) writing down bits of inspiration to hang on my walls.

I also accomplished a lot throughout the course of the day yesterday (at least by my usually unproductive standards), most importantly of which included me submitting my application for the Communications and Marketing Chair on the Student Leadership Council of Husky Ambassadors! Fingers crossed all goes well with that, I'd love to finally take on more marketing roles in my life, in addition to the few I've worked in so far.

Today's been simultaneously awesome and miserable. I woke up at 4:30 am like I've been doing (I'm crazy, we all  know by now, moving on) and got myself pumped up for my stadium workout, knowing it would be bitterly cold but bracing myself and thinking I'd be fine. Spoiler: I was not, indeed, fine. HOLY HELL it was cold out this morning. Even though I ended the workout feeling a bit frozen (read: a literal chunk of ice) I still PR'ed today and was feeling a bit superhuman. I cannot stress enough how fantastic these stadium mornings have been for my overall mental and physical well-being. 2 months ago I could do 15 sections in 45 minutes and now I'm running 22 in 32 minutes, and if that's not some encouraging sh*t, I don't know what is.


I've been running back and forth across Boston today from one thing to another and my schedule's been a bit hectic, but I made sure I made the time to attend the 2014 State of the University address given by none other than Northeastern's President Aoun! I find that whenever I'm feeling a bit down, I use Husky Ambassadors as a source of rejuvenation. Giving tours to families reminds me of all the amazingness that is Northeastern, whether it be through phenomenal co-op experiences or just the initiatives our university is taking to make the world a better place. Attending the #StateofNU address basically reminded me of why I'm here and what we're doing as a university to improve lives and empower students. It was inspiring and uplifting, and not only that but I got to witness the first ever Global Officers chosen to work under President Aoun! (I'm incredibly jealous and cannot WAIT for the day when I'm standing in their shoes.)

As for the rest of the day, I have classes on classes on classes, not to mention the fact that I double booked myself for two different meetings tonight (both have pizza being served so with double the pizza, I'm really not all that upset). I also registered for next semester's classes (first semester as a business major whaddup) and my schedule is beautiful. Nothing on Tuesday and Friday? Yes please.

One last thing I wanted to talk about before wrapping this up is something I've talked about earlier on this month, something which is probably the most important thing to happen this week, something that has been rocking my world (have you guessed yet?): ONE DIRECTION'S NEW ALBUM.

I get it, not all y'all are Directioners. It's cool. I would say I understand, but I really don't, so... But even if you hate them with a fiery burning passion, give their latest a listen. The guys have really matured and changed their sound over the years and this album, which has a bit of an 80s rock vibe to it, really reflects that change. You've probably guessed that my Top 5 Songs are gonna all come from the album, so here goes:

  1. Fool's Gold
  2. Night Changes
  3. Ready to Run
  4. 18
  5. Stockholm Syndrome
...but it goes without saying that all the songs are mind-blowing. I listened to the album while running the stadium this morning and personally I think it's what pushed me to PR. 

This is the last full week of classes for us NU kids, so for anyone reading from NU, enjoy it! Finals are nearly here (stress stress stress) but y'all are gonna rock it. 

Until next time, love y'all, bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment